Saturday 9 July 2011

Pretty fabrics

I was out and about this morning, doing a bit of shopping, and just happened to be in the neighbourhood of our local fabric factory shop. The temptation was too great, I had to have a little look :) And I'm so glad I did!

I know that I don't need any more fabric, I have tons of it, but I found these gorgeous pieces ........


The 'blue tulips' voile is for my bathroom window and I thought I'd make a laundry bag from the matching cotton fabric. It cost me £1 for 1.5m of voile and 50p for the cotton!

 These Sanderson prints are Painter's Garden (left) and Early Tulips (right). I'm thinking of covering an artist's canvas with the vase of flowers from Painter's Garden, and using other elements of the print for appliqué on bags or cushions.
I haven't quite decided what to do with Early Tulips, although my daughter was drooling over it this afternoon! :)
At 50p each, I think I got a bargain!

My final piece is 1/3m of Liberty print that will be just perfect for the lining of a new bag I'm planning. At 40p, who could resist?

Well, enough drooling, I have sewing to do. :-)

1 comment:

  1. Oh those are gorgeous! So wish we had a fabric factory shop near us. Brilliant bargains!

    ReplyDelete