Thursday 7 July 2011

New Folksy listings

I've been busy for the last few days, sewing on flowers and leaves to my latest tea cosy ...... sooooo many ends to sew in and trim off! Anyway, it's done now and listed on Folksy. I just love the rich colours of the flowers - if I had a garden, they're the colours I would like in it. :)
 I've also been finishing off this Aran bag - I had to machine sew the seams because I wasn't happy with the way they looked hand sewn. I think, probably, because the background is reverse stocking stitch, it looked a little untidy at the seams. But I'm happy with the way it looks now and I've listed it on Folksy as well.
 I lined the bag with Liberty print fabric; after over-locking the seams and adding a pocket, I hand stitched the lining to the bag. The toggle is another from the 99p chunky bracelet I found in a charity shop!
I'm currently working on a couple of projects - more Autumn/Winter stock and a little gift for my DGD. Piccies soon!  :)

1 comment: